Wednesday, October 8, 2008

home is where the trailer is

Finally, I am settled in a home I can be comfortable in. I mean, the house I was renting was pretty nice. Check out the pictures.

IMG_4151


IMG_4150


IMG_4158


IMG_4155


IMG_4160


IMG_4159


But the bills were killing me. So that is when my wonderful parents came to my rescue. They helped me find a travel trailer, which our previous circuit overseer suggested I do. It would be a whole lot cheaper and I can take it with me if I ever have to move. So it is also convenient. When I saw the trailer, to be honest, I was a bit reluctant. It’s a trailer that is older than I am, but almost immediately, those thoughts withered away as I saw my parents faces. And what I saw was that it’s not the best thing, but it’s something better than what I had. And that was enough for me.

It needed work. And work is what was put into it. For about a month, my parents, along with other friends and family, worked arduously to make it Sonora-ready. And they did. When I saw it finished, when my uncle brought it over, I was wow’d. I was very content with it.

And soon after, I decided to name this fantastic trailer: Lucy. ‘Why?’, you ask. ‘Does the name ‘Lucy’ have a special significance?’, you ask. Well, no, not really, no. I think I was looking at a Peanuts comic strip and the name just popped into my head.

And then, there’s George.

IMG_4177


I was at the store the other day, and this little feller was hanging around. So I decided to give him a home and to give me company. But don’t worry, I won’t talk to him as if he were a ‘Wilson’. (Actually, it’s funny that my brother, the funny guy that he is, was going to give me a Wilson volleyball.)

Anyway, I’m happy. And I really thank Jehovah for this. I thank him for my parents and friends that have done so much for me to be comfortable here. And although it’s not so big, what do I need so much space for? Everything I need is there. And it was the moment when my stuff was placed in its place, what was simply a trailer, now became my home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Love U Rollito. Why not put pictures of the trailor?

Anonymous said...

Hi this is katty. nice pics i like the one of george reading the bible very spiritual...

que jah te siga cuidando...

Roy said...

i haven't put any pictures up, because i haven't had time to take them. plus, i lost my usb drive, so i can't take the pictures that i don't have time to take, to the libraty to upload them. but i soon will.

Roy said...

and katty, thanks. yes, george is a very spiritual cotton-filled person.